We’re not usually “before and after” posters. For one thing, we love to share only truly beautiful images with our truly beautiful readership.
Another reason we don’t often “before and after” brag is, like a magician, we want the magic of a space to stay a bit of a mystery!
However, we are so thrilled with how beautiful this dramatic bathroom remodel turned out, we can’t help but share of few of our tips and secrets and show you how we pull it off without a glitch!
1. Wallpaper, wallpaper, wallpaper. A powder room is the “jewelry box” of the home! Go bold. You’ve heard it a million times from designers everywhere, so jump in! The water’s fine, we promise. ;)
2. A remodel can be expensive. After hiring a plumber, an electrician, a carpenter, a painter, a wallpaper installer and a designer (wink, wink), your bill could be pretty, pretty high for just 100 sq. ft. or less. Know where to save and where to splurge. We went with inexpensive cabinetry and counters to save mega bucks, which we applied toward Kelly Wearstler wallpaper and Kohler hardware.
3. Layer your neutrals! Neutrals don’t clash, but it’s a common misconception. Here we have brown, gray, cream and black coexisting in harmony. Vary the textures and sheen and they play well together every time.
4. Consider storage. DUH! You’d be surprised how easily clutter can be avoided by opting for drawers instead of doors and keeping eye sores tucked away!
5. Lastly, accessorize with pretty storage containers, plants and plush towels! Finish with a lovely room spray and, voila!
Photography credit: Hunter Kerhart